Friday, August 29, 2014

Black Bean & Corn Burritos

Nothing could be easier for a quick meal than the "Black Bean & Corn Burritos" (page 127), and likely you have most of the ingredients in your pantry already. Sautéed onions, mashed black beans, corn, and salsa tucked neatly into tortillas, and lunch (or breakfast, or dinner!) is ready. The recipe calls for cooking the onion in oil, but that isn't necessary, just use a little water instead. Feel free to add a few more condiments to the burritos - I included shredded lettuce and sliced avocado to mine. Delicious!
 
Keeping it "McDougall Friendly" checklist:
 
 üOmit the oil when sautéing the onion. Use a little water, sherry, or broth instead.
 
üUse whole grain, oil free tortillas. I find the Ezekiel brand of whole grain sprouted tortillas a great choice.

2 comments:

  1. Hello my name is Endogru. Your recipe looks delicious, I will try to do in my kitchen. Also I did not see your flickr address you'd like to follow Flicker. Good shares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Endogru! I appreciate your kind words about my blog! :-)

      Delete