Thursday, May 31, 2012

Teriyaki Tofu Wraps

"Teriyaki Tofu Wraps" (page 115) make a wonderfully quick and tasty treat. Tofu strips are marinated in a teriyaki sauce, browned with red bell pepper, and rolled into a flat bread of your choice (I used flour tortillas). The recipe as written calls for a total of 4 tablespoons of oil, but I was able to reduce this to ½ teaspoon. Normally I would leave all oil out, but the marinade calls for sesame oil, which provides a distinct flavor. But instead of adding 2 tablespoons, I cut it down to ½ teaspoon, enough to capture the flavor, and used water to make up the difference. The next 2 tablespoons of oil are used to sauté the tofu and bell peppers, but with my nonstick skillet, no oil at all was required in this step. These wraps were so good, and so easy to make, I see them becoming a regular addition to my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment