Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Classic Tabbouleh

I'm a big fan of tabbouleh, so it was a given I would try the "Classic Tabbouleh" (page 87) sooner rather than later.  As the name would suggest, the ingredients list for this classic preparation include bulgur, parsley, tomato, cucumber, onion, and lemon.  I added minced garlic because I love the taste of fresh garlic in tabbouleh. I can easily eat several helpings of tabbouleh in a single sitting, there is just something about the combination of flavors and textures I can't seem to get enough of.  This dish is easy to put together, but benefits from sitting around for awhile to let the flavors meld.  I omitted the ¼ cup olive oil, and increased the lemon juice from 2 tablespoons to the juice of an entire lemon, about 4 tablespoons.  I can't imagine this could have tasted any better with the oil, it was so good without it!

No comments:

Post a Comment