Thursday, August 29, 2019

Farewell Post

Hello Everyone!


Today I am posting to let everyone know, this will be my last post. While I had every intention of working through and posting on all 1000 recipes in this book, since starting this blog nine years ago, life has changed in ways I would not have imagined. Priorities have shifted, new adventures are stretching out ahead, and, if it took me 9 years to get through the first 500 recipes, I think it would be at least another 10 years getting through the next half. 

I have to acknowledge that I’ve taken this project as far as I can, and still do right by it. I had a blast doing it, and I will always treasure the experience, and continue to make the great recipes from the book – the ones I haven’t yet tried, and the favorites I’ve come to love. Thanks to all of you who have faithfully followed me this far, I always appreciated knowing there were people out there who found my posts helpful or just fun!

Farewell, and keep on spreading the good vegan vibes!

Becky



7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear, but understandable. This book is a huge undertaking! I have really enjoyed reading your blog, and am forever grateful to the stock and guar gum trick I learned to replace oil in salad dressings. Are you planning on leaving the blog up? I have used it as a reference quite a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Susan, you have been one of my most devoted followers, and I always appreciated your input, comments, and observations. I'm glad I was able to provide you with some helpful tips, Yay!! :-) Yes, I will definitely be leaving the blog up, no plans to take it down at all, so no worries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even remember now how long ago I started reading your blog. I lost track of it at some point -- perhaps when Google Reader was discontinued. After many years, I'm able to cook again and I've been looking up all my old favorite blogs fully expecting to find them long defunct. I was surprised and delighted to find that you were still active.

    Nine years of blogging and over 500 recipes tested is an amazing accomplishment and a wonderful gift you've given us. Thank you for sharing so much over the years.

    All the very best to you. Onward to new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Em! I really appreciate your kind words, and that you followed my blog for so many years. :) It was so nice to be able to help others with a recipe or a healthier cooking approach, and it's great to hear you benefited from my efforts.
      I'm glad you are able to cook again, and good luck to you on your culinary adventures! :)

      Delete
  4. Hello Becky, This is sad news. I hope the best for you. Take care of yourself. I read your blog throughout the years. Thanks for everything, good luck with your next adventure. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Anton! I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog, it means a lot to me. :-)
      It was a lot of fun working on this over the years, and if others enjoyed it along the way, it makes me very happy!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete