Saturday, April 6, 2019

Spicy Mango & Red Pepper Salsa

I am a big fan of mango salsas and chutneys. A perfectly ripe sweet mango pairs so beautifully with hot chilis and spices, and the “Spicy Mango & Red Pepper Salsa”, page 567, is a perfect example of this pleasing combination. This recipe is vibrantly colored, bursting with flavor, and made from all fresh ingredients. I left out the oil completely, seeing no need add anything in its place. I also skipped the salt, and didn’t miss it at all. This dish is super easy – mix together mango, red onion, red bell pepper, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime juice. Use this anywhere you like salsa, such as a dip for chips, a topping for beans, veggie burgers, or tofu cutlets. You just can’t go wrong! I used it as a delicious topping for Basic Vegetable Fritters (see my next review).

Keeping it “McDougall Friendly” check list:
  • Omit the oil, no substitutions necessary

No comments:

Post a Comment