Monday, April 2, 2018

Creamy Tahini Dressing


A good salad dressing can elevate ordinary greens and vegetables to star status and make any meal special. Since eliminating store-bought oil-laden salad dressings from my diet, I’ve discovered a whole new world of possibilities. I admit to being a bit of a salad dressing addict, and there are times I enjoy the dressing more than what it actually dresses. I have a couple favorite go-to recipes, my version of house dressings, but I love trying new recipes and expanding my repertoire. 

The “Creamy Tahini Dressing” (page 102) could easily become part of my regular rotation. The combination of tahini and lemon juice is so satisfying, and the basis of this dressing. Additional ingredients include soy sauce and parsley, salt and cayenne, and if following the recipe, sesame oil. With the tahini already providing the sesame flavor, as well as a bit of natural oil, I didn’t see any reason to add additional sesame oil. For a more intense sesame flavor, a few drops of sesame oil would do the trick, but I don’t think an entire tablespoon would be necessary. The tahini also provides enough body to keep this dressing thick, so no additional oil is necessary.

Keeping it “McDougall Friendly” check list:
  • Omit the sesame oil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment