Sunday, May 19, 2013

Granola-Infused Oatmeal

I never thought about eating granola and oatmeal at the same time, but the "Granola-Infused Oatmeal" (page 521) had me doing just that. I have been hooked on the "Granola" recipe from this book since the first time I made it, and always have a canister of it handy in my pantry, and oatmeal makes it to my breakfast table several times a week as well. So it was a breeze to combine these two breakfast staples to try this recipe. All you really do is cook up a pot of oatmeal, sprinkle on some granola, and dig in. Technically speaking, the "infused" part of the recipe has you stirring the granola into the cooked oats and letting this mixture sit for a few minutes; but as the recipe also states, if you want to retain the crunch of the granola (as I did), simply sprinkle the granola on top without stirring it in. I added a drizzle of maple syrup and a splash of soymilk to my bowl before eating. This is a novel and tasty way to enjoy two of my favorite breakfast foods.
 
"Keeping it McDougall Friendly" checklist:
ΓΌ     This recipe is McDougall friendly as written!!! J

No comments:

Post a Comment