Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Penne With Creamy Asparagus Sauce

If you look carefully at my photo, you will see right away that I didn't use penne in the "Penne with Creamy Asparagus Sauce" (page 207).  I tend to be very flexible when it comes to what pasta to use in any given recipe, and usually try to use up whatever I have on hand.  In this case, I had rainbow rotini left over so that is what I used.  In this dish, a rich and creamy sauce made of blended white beans, asparagus, onion, garlic, and seasonings is mixed with cooked pasta for a green and delicious treat.  I only used about 8 ounces of pasta instead of the one pound called for, because, as you might know by now, I prefer a saucier presentation than most recipes call for.  I also omitted the oil when sautéing the onion to keep this dish oil free.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I am looking forward to making this once spring hits and asparagus is in season!
    I could buy it now, but it seems wrong to buy asparagus in winter. ;)

    ReplyDelete