Sunday, August 14, 2011

Orange-Glazed Tofu & Asparagus

"Orange-Glazed Tofu and Asparagus" (page 285) is a stir-fry style dish that is perfect served over a bed of rice or Asian noodles.  Strips of tofu are marinated in mirin, then sautéed in a wok or big skillet with fresh garlic, ginger, and asparagus.  A delightful sauce made from fresh orange juice, soy sauce, and hot chili paste is added to the sauté, and cooked just briefly to blend all the ingredients.  The recipe calls for two tablespoons of oil for sautéing the tofu, but I used my non-stick skillet and didn't need to add any at all.  The sauce portion of the recipe calls for a teaspoon of sesame oil, which I'm sure adds a richer flavor, but sticking to my oil-free approach, I left it out as well.  I didn't feel like anything was missing!

No comments:

Post a Comment