Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Soba and Green Lentil Soup

It's probably my fault for making substitutions without knowing what to expect.  I thought I had soba noodles, but it turns out I had somen noodles.  But, I decided they might be enough alike that it wouldn't make a difference in the "Soba and Green Lentil Soup" (page 162).  All I know is that rather than a soup, and rather than a stew, I sort of ended up with a casserole.  Like I said…it was probably my own fault…!  However, this was a very tasty soup/casserole!  Along with the lentils and noodles, there is onion, carrot, garlic, crushed tomatoes and broth.  I omitted the oil for sautéing the vegetables, and that was the only change necessary to make this McDougall friendly.  I will try this again using soba noodles.  (Are somen noodles known for expanding to 10 times there original size and soaking up all the liquid they are exposed to?)

No comments:

Post a Comment