Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tropical Black Bean Salad with Mango

As often as I've seen recipes pairing mangos with black beans, the "Tropical Black Bean Salad with Mango" (page 76) is the first time I actually tried it.  Not because I don't think this sounds wonderful, I just don't look forward to wrestling with the mango, and they aren't always available.  I'm glad I finally took the plunge and made this salad.  The flavors are fresh and vibrant, and very complimentary.  Along with the beans and mango, there is red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno.  The dressing is supposed to include grapeseed oil, along with lime and agave nectar, plus a sprinkle of cayenne.  I left the oil out altogether and didn't miss a thing.  This might be a little zippy for those sensitive to spicy foods, but I found the heat a wonderful component of this salad.  This makes a lot, but the recipe is easy to cut in half.

No comments:

Post a Comment