Sunday, October 7, 2012

Green-Green Guacamole

"Green-Green Guacamole" (page 9) is an excellent way to enjoy the rich flavor of guacamole with a little less of the fat. Instead of using just avocado, this recipe incorporates shelled edamame and steamed zucchini, cutting the avocado portion about in half. In addition to the base of avocado, edamame, and zucchini, the dip is seasoned and flavored with garlic, salt and fresh lemon juice. To keep the preparation simple, I softened the sliced zucchini in the microwave (instead of sautéing in a skillet). I also did the same thing with the edamame, instead of boiling them in a saucepan. These two shortcuts saved me time and having to use both a skillet and saucepan. However, if you don't care to use a microwave, the directions as written accommodate this preference. I also chose not to cook the garlic (the recipe has you sautéing this with the zucchini), but I like the bite of raw garlic, especially in guacamole. I just added the raw cloves into the food processor along with everything else. Enjoy this totally delicious dip anywhere you would any guacamole.

No comments:

Post a Comment