Sunday, December 11, 2011

Drunken Spaghetti with Tofu

Usually my husband prepares any recipe that calls for a wok, as he is the stir-fry king in our house.  But since the "Drunken Spaghetti with Tofu" (page 240) could technically be prepared in a wok or a large skillet, I decided to try this dish myself - in the large skillet, of course! Sautéed onion, bell pepper, garlic, and snow peas are combined with previously cooked strips of tofu, then tossed together with the prepared noodles, spicy Asian sauce, and fresh basil. According to the recipe notes, these noodles are called "drunken" due to the spiciness of the dish, since hot chiles are said to be a hangover remedy. To keep this dish McDougall friendly, I omitted the oil when sautéing both the tofu and veggies, using my non-stick skillet with excellent results.

No comments:

Post a Comment