Monday, May 2, 2011

Quinoa Salad with Black Beans and Tomatoes

I guess I just have to admit it.  I'm not a quinoa fan.  I've tried it in pilafs, salads, and as additions to soups and stews.  I've tried white quinoa and red quinoa (which I do prefer a tad over the white).  So, with this latest effort, "Quinoa Salad with Black Beans and Tomatoes” (page 88), I am going to accept the fact that I'm never going to appreciate this humble grain.  That being said, this salad wasn't all that bad, and I'm sure fans of quinoa would like it a lot. If I did make it again, I would use only about half the amount of grain called for, as it really overwhelmed the rest of the ingredients - black beans, tomatoes, red onion, and parsley.  The dressing is basically an oil vinegar mix, but I left out the oil and used broth thickened with guar gum instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment