Monday, January 10, 2011

Marinara Sauce

After making the "Marinara Sauce" (page 194), I see no need to purchase canned or jarred marinara ever again.  This recipe is ridiculously quick and easy, made with ingredients you can find in any grocery store, namely canned crushed tomatoes, garlic, and fresh or dried spices.  The sauce ends up tasting like something that simmered all day, when in reality you simmer for a mere 15 minutes.  I did not cook the garlic in oil as instructed in the recipe, I simply added it in along with the other spices.  Try this!  It may become your new favorite marinara, too! Hint - use the highest quality crushed tomatoes available for the richest flavor.

3 comments:

  1. this one is wonderful..it's on the stove right now! I used italian peeled roma tomatoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wonderful blog inspired me to purchase the book and commit to a new recipe every week. Tried this one today...it is yummy and makes a lot thatI can freeze for later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind words about my blog, Lee! :) I'm glad you like this recipe, and hope you enjoy the cookbook. You will have to keep me posted on the recipes as you work through them!

    ReplyDelete