Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Garden Vegetable Stew

The one rule for the "Garden Vegetable Stew" (page 324) states that the vegetables be garden-fresh, from your own garden, a friend's, or from a Farmer's Market. I admit, not everything in my rendition followed this rule, but I did my best and used all the fresh produce I could find. This is a scrumptious stew, just bursting with color and flavor. The vegetables included onion, carrot, potatoes, bell pepper, zucchini, summer squash, tomatoes, corn, and peas. Lightly seasoned, and cooked in veggie broth, this stew would be delightful year round, using whatever is freshly harvested.
 
"Keeping it McDougall Friendly" checklist:
ü Omit the olive oil when sautéing the veggies. Instead, use a non-stick skillet and/or a little water, broth, or sherry as the sauté liquid.

No comments:

Post a Comment