Sunday, May 6, 2012

Tempeh with Maple, Mustard, & Balsamic Glaze

In every cookbook there seems to be a handful of recipes that make me say "this recipe alone is worth the price of the book!", and the "Tempeh with Maple, Mustard, and Balsamic Glaze" (page 299) definitely falls into this category. I don't eat a lot of tempeh, and I'm sort of picky on how it's prepared, but this is hands-down the best preparation I've ever had. The tempeh is first cooked in a simmering water bath for 30 minutes, then browned in a skillet (where the recipe calls for oil, but wasn't necessary in my non-stick skillet), cooked further in a broth, then coated with the glaze. The flavors are bold and the texture is perfect. I served this alongside mashed potatoes and sautéed greens for a complete and wonderful meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment