Saturday, December 24, 2011

Rotini Remoulade

As you may have noticed, I am not averse to substituting pasta varieties in recipes, based on what I have on hand, and personal preferences.  Such was the case with the "Rotini Remoulade" (page 93), where I used bow tie pasta instead of rotini. This is a simple salad that combines cooked pasta with small amounts of onion, celery, and bell pepper, then dresses it with remoulade, a mayo based sauce livened up with capers, relish, lemon juice, ketchup, mustard, and Tabasco sauce. Normally I find I need to cut back on the amount of pasta called for because I prefer a smaller ratio of pasta to sauce or dressing, but in this recipe 8-ounces (as written) worked perfectly. This is very easy to keep within McDougall guidelines if you choose an oil-free mayo. If you can stop yourself from eating all four servings in one sitting, the leftovers are delicious, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment