Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Winter Pasta Salad with Creamy Mustard Vinaigrette

"Winter Pasta Salad with Creamy Mustard Vinaigrette" (page 90) combines elements of a pasta and veggie salad with a creamy style dressing, with the end result reminding me of old-fashioned macaroni salad.  The vegetables include broccoli, carrots, green peas, and red onion. The dressing is tofu-based with a hefty amount of Dijon mustard giving it a pleasant pungency. The dressing also calls for two tablespoons of oil, which I replaced with one tablespoon of tahini and one tablespoon of water.  For the pasta I used quadrefiore (had some hanging around in my pantry that needed to be used up), which worked quite well; the small grooves were perfect for collecting the delicious dressing.  I used just 6 ounces of pasta instead of the 8 ounces called for, which seemed to provide the perfect ratio of pasta and veggies to dressing.

1 comment:

  1. I have this marked down to make for some work lunches soon. Though it is getting chilly here now, salad just doesn't seem to cut it for lunch!

    ReplyDelete