Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Potato-Tomato Frittata

"Potato-Tomato Frittata" (page 509) is another recipe found in the breakfast section that can stand in for a dinner entrée just as easily, which is exactly how I served it.  This was an easy recipe to adjust to McDougall standards simply by leaving out the oil when sautéing the onions.  You do need to plan a little in advance as it calls for pre-cooked potatoes, but aside from that, it is an easy dish to put together.  Tofu is blended with nutritional yeast, soy sauce, and a dash of baking powder, then tossed with the potatoes and transferred to a baking dish.  Add sliced tomatoes (and I added paprika for color), and bake.  I had to bake this 15 minutes longer than called for (for a total of 45 minutes) to reach the desired consistency.  Leftovers were delightful the next day, and tasted good cold, and at room temperature, as well as hot.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this one. I seem to remember I needed to bake it a bit longer too. I made it so I could heat it up for breakfast each morning before I went to work (I work 12 hour days so I need a good breakfast) and it kept and reheated really well.

    ReplyDelete