Saturday, February 26, 2011

Baby Spinach with Lemon and Garlic

Spinach has been a favorite of mine as far back as I can remember.  Long before I knew the delights of fresh spinach, I enjoyed the frozen variety, and even (gulp!) the questionable stuff from a can they served up in our elementary school hot lunches.  But now I will always go for the fresh green leaves, as I did in the "Baby Spinach with Lemon and Garlic" on page 382.  Another very simple way to prepare fresh food, the title pretty much says it all.  The recipe instructs you to sauté fresh garlic in olive oil, but I left the oil out altogether, and sautéed the spinach and garlic in a non-stick skillet with no added liquid, just tossing the leaves as they cooked and released their own juices.  Flavored with fresh lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste, this was so good, I would have consumed the entire recipe myself if I didn't have to share it with my husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment